Milsat Technologies is a GIS company with a focus on developing spatial solutions for Africa through data and software development. We are a result-oriented group that looks to maintain productivity by hiring the best hands. Milsat Technologies is a forerunner in the creation of geo-spatial solutions for the African ecosystem, with partnership across several nations in Africa.
Our staffs have the flexibility of working remotely, subject to a quarterly evaluation of task output.
Full Stack Developer
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming.
Full Stack Developers will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
We are searching for a decisive and insightful DevOps Engineer to join our team. The DevOps Engineer will be involved in various stages of each product’s lifespan, and should remain abreast of technological advancements to promote efficiency.
- Collaborating with coworkers to conceptualize, develop, and release software.
- Conducting quality assurance to ensure that the software meets prescribed guidelines.
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software, as needed.
- Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- Collecting and reviewing customers’ feedback to enhance user experience.
- Suggesting alterations to workflow in order to improve efficiency and success.
- Pitching ideas for projects based on gaps in the market and technological advancements.
- Prior experience at all phases of the software product life cycle, from conception to extinction.
- Experience using an array of automation tools.
- Familiarity with software security methods.
- Demonstrated experience using a wide variety of coding languages.
- Curious, discerning envelope pusher.
- Top-notch decision-making and collaborative abilities.
- Customer-oriented with the ability to receive and use constructive criticism.
React Native Developer
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. Be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Transition existing React web apps to React Native.
Skills and Requirements
- Knowledge of functional and/or object-oriented programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle (Android Studio, IntelliJ)
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
Qualified applicants should forward portfolio to email@example.com